Jump to Navigation

March 2017 Archives

Work Visas for Nurses and Other Professionals When DOL says 'Not a Speciality Occupation' - H-1B Visa Alternatives for Canadian & Mexican Nationals

Nurses often have a unique issue in qualifying for H-1B speciality work visa status since the Department of Labor ("DOL") determined Nurses only require a 2 year diploma. In contrast, an H-1B work visa is only available to professions that require a 4 year degree minimum such as an accountant. The TN work visa, available under NAFTA, is an alternative available for Canadian and Mexican Nationals.

Criminal Immigration Consequences for Non U.S. Citizens

While non-citizens seek to avoid any altercation with the law, we know "it" happens. Non-citizens who enter the country legally and are convicted of crimes in the United States are at risk of deportation and removal from the country whenever a crime occurs. The stakes are very high for Permanent Residents and non-immigrant visa holders.

Inadmissibility Issues to the United States? Consider Parole Instead!

Tell Us About Your Case

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Subscribe to This Blog's Feed Visit Our Immigration and Naturalization Law WebsiteFindLaw Network

Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.